If you haven’t read about the benefits of segmentation, we highly recommend starting there to understand WHY building out a VIP program can make a difference to your contact center.
When developing a VIP program, gaming studios should not only focus on the financial contribution of players but also consider a variety of factors such as player engagement, influence, community contributions, loyalty, and even player skill. The goal of a VIP program extends beyond encouraging spending; it’s about building an engaged, dedicated player base that contributes to the game’s community in diverse ways.
- Engagement: Active participation in the game, such as frequency of play, hours spent, quest or mission completion rates, or participation in events, is a vital factor in determining a player’s VIP status. The more a player engages with the game, the higher their likelihood of achieving a superior VIP status. Remember these are the people playing your game actively! You want to keep them happy!
- Influence: Players who wield substantial influence within the gaming community can also be considered for VIP status. This influence could be derived from their followers on social media, contributions to game forums, or their ability to attract other players to the game. Players who serve as game ambassadors can significantly enhance its popularity and reach. Influencers=Reach=More Visibility!
- Community Contributions: Players who actively contribute to the game’s community, whether through moderating community forums, creating fan content, helping newcomers, or providing useful feedback to the developers, can also be recognized in the VIP program.
- Loyalty: Loyalty is another crucial factor. Long-term players could achieve VIP status as a reward for their commitment to the game, even if they aren’t the most active players or the highest spenders.
- Skill: In some games, player skill is an important factor in VIP status. High-ranking players or tournament winners could be granted VIP status in recognition of their gaming prowess, irrespective of their spending habits.
When scaling a VIP program to cater to a larger, more diverse player base, it’s crucial to leverage automation and data analytics. AI and machine learning can help identify potential VIPs based on various behavioral and engagement patterns. Automated systems can also track a player’s progress and dispense rewards or benefits when certain milestones are reached. This use of technology makes the process more efficient and less labor-intensive.
Moreover, VIP programs can be more effective if they are tiered, encouraging more gameplay or spending to reach higher tiers while still rewarding those who don’t reach the top. Each tier should come with its own set of escalating benefits, providing tangible value for a player’s commitment and engagement.
The design and management of VIP programs should always focus on providing value to the players, making them feel appreciated, and enhancing their gaming experience. By considering a range of factors beyond just spending, gaming studios can create more inclusive and diverse VIP programs, which contribute significantly to player retention and game success.